Relief for Your Vision Issues
At Visus Eyewear + Eyecare, our team can provide high-quality vision therapy under professional supervision. We’ll go over what it is, how it can help, and create a personalized treatment plan to promote long-term visual clarity and sharpness.
What Does Vision Therapy Do?
We perform visual therapy to aid patients, commonly children, whose visual skills may be lacking due to a disconnect between the brain and the eyes. The link between the eyes and brain is crucial for processing information and making sense of the world around you.
Our optometrists create a tailored plan to help nurture the connection between your brain and your eyes. We do this with in-office assessments and send you home with an eye exercise program as homework.
The goal is to have your brain and your eyes (your visual system) working functionally as a team.
Symptoms to Be Aware Of
Does your child need vision therapy? Keep note of these symptoms that may indicate it’s time to see an eye doctor for help.
- Skipping lines or words when reading
- Mixing similar words, like “was” and “saw”
- Confusing the letters b, d, p, and q
- Rubbing eyes or closing one eye when reading
- Holding books too closely or tilting their head when reading
- Eye strain or headaches with schoolwork or computer use
- Difficulty with reading comprehension
- Blurred or double vision when reading
- Avoiding homework
- Poor attention span
- Fidgeting and squirming in the chair
Showing any of the above symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean your child has a vision problem. But, the best way to be sure is to bring them to us for a comprehensive children’s eye exam.
Our experienced optometrists guide you through the process and answer your questions to ensure your child’s comfort and instill your confidence.
How Vision Therapy Can Help (And How It Can’t)
We do our best to achieve excellent results, but results from vision therapy can’t be guaranteed. Even still, some studies show that vision therapy might be an effective method to correct certain conditions.
Vision therapy can help with the following conditions:
- Convergence insufficiency, a condition where your eyes may drift when looking at something near to you
- Binocular vision problems, an issue that affects how the eyes work together, which can develop among children with certain learning disabilities
- Amblyopia, commonly known as lazy eye
- Strabismus, commonly known as crossed eyes
- Vision problems related to brain injuries
Start the Vision Therapy Journey Today
The team at Visus Eyewear + Eyecare is ready to meet you and your children. We’re equipped to create a detailed vision therapy plan to help your little ones succeed.
Stop by our office on Upper James Street just north of Rymal Road E. We’re right off the LINC for convenient access from all over the Greater Hamilton area.